
We have our little big guy!!! It’s heading to be about 7:30 PM now and I need to figure out how to get over this jet lag. I don’t remember it being this bad but after not being able to sleep all morning we headed to the Civil Affairs Office as did two other families that adopted a 6 year old boy and a 10 year old boy. We sat there and watched for what seemed forever as the other tow boys arrived and started a mile long paperwork. About half an hour into the wait Shawn finally arrived with the director of the orphanage and t my surprise every single item we send him in his care packages lol.
He seemed very shy and unsure as to what was about to happen he did give me a hug and sort of checked dad out too. We sat down and he started to unpack all his items some of which he had not even unpacked yet from how we send it to him in his care packages. He loves the little stuffed elephant we brought him form a store here. He sat down and played with me for a long time then all the sudden moved over to the window and started to cry as if he was realizing what was to happen. In the meantime Garry and I went back and forth on getting paperwork done. We spend several hours there before we where finally done with paperwork and we where able to ask questions of the director. He seems to be taken to me a bit more which I was surprised off because I was all set to have the ole’e you took me from the nanny I like Ba Ba scenario. 
Shawn is extremely curious and fascinated with what is going on around him he appears to be very smart and it’s clear though that he is having trouble with large motor skills nothing that he won’t be able to catch up on running around our house for sure. He is a chitter chatter constantly talking I have to laugh I just wish we would understand more but we seem to be making due. Of course he took the elevator duty to be his responsibility right away. He seems to mind fairly well but certainly lets you know if there is something he wants. We have been told his favorite pass time is art, well what do you know him and Samuel will have tons in common. 
We found out that he must have visited what was like a Pre-K/Kindergarden. We finally managed to get to a place for lunch that was quiet and ordered a rice dish and a noodle dish and it became clear that noodles are the winner. He is also fascinated with the drink bottle we brought for him and he carries that thing around all over. He was unsure about walking on the very soft carpet in the hotel and it took a few tries for him to understand where to relieve himself and not in the bathtub
After lunch we went back to the room and just spend the rest of the evening there between Garry and I taking naps since we where both just drained. It also gave Garry some time to spend with him "alone" while I was in the room. Shawn played and played and played all afternoon from us sitting on the carpet to the bed back and forth lol.
He was uncertain as to letting go of his clothes and getting into some PJ’s after a quick bath. Tucked in with his stuffed elephant hopefully the little guy will get some sleep soon as it was a long and eventful day and tomorrow is more official paperwork.
Hopefully dad and I can sleep thru the night this time.
Hugs Angie
W.I.S.E Up
14 years ago










6 comments