Today we spend a good portion of the morning shopping at one of the local market / dept. stores with Ann from Red Thread and I was able to knock off a good portion of my shopping list, really mainly I wanted some traditional dresses for Sarah, some tea for Mom. We are getting a chop to add to our collection for Shawn on the Island and we picked up traditional jackets for Dad and the boys we really got an awesome deal compared to what we paid two years ago for Sarah’s dresses on the island. Live and learn I guess then we did not know any better.

I also found a set of shorts for Shawn since the ones we brought would fit with the exception that our little big guy has literally no waist and even the 5T’s fall of him lol ok and try finding a belt here I gave up and found two pairs of shorts for him for like $3.75 a piece can’t beat that. All in all he was a trooper thru 3 hours of power shopping after Ann explained to him that he can’t have everything he sees or wants to touch lol…Unfortunately no camera stores in sight so a friend told us there is suppose to be a electronic mall here so we will try that tomorrow before we head for the Zoo with Shawn and maybe by tomorrow late afternoon its been 48 hours since his TB test and we can finally use the pool before we head back to temps of 20/30’s at home in WI.

I don’t think I mentioned that one of the exciting things we received when we met Shawn is a CD full of pictures taken over the past 9 months, about 300 pictures in all and a set of art / picture pages that he put together since Half the Sky moved into the orphanage last year and they keep sort of a file of the children and pass that info on to the parents.



He also did bring along a small photo book that had pictures his foster mom must have taken with the disposable camera we send since he is wearing one of the hats from the care package in a few pictures. There are some pictures of him with his foster parents and his foster sister and brother about the same age as him. I was so happy to see that he hast this to take home with him something he will be able treasure for a long time. This is a piece of his past before his new family that we would have never been able to provide for him. We also did get the email for the orphanage which is wonderful so that we can send his teacher pictures a few times a year.

Hugs Angie

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments