Well its 1:30 AM in the morning so what about 12:30 in the afternoon at home which explains why I am wide awake BUT we made it after what was a long flight which started of in a bit of a mess. We got a late start then added traffic and construction to that I ended up with a panic attack which got me sick almost all the way to the airport because I thought for sure we will miss the plane to China.
We had to call and cancel the park n ride on the way which they charged us then just for the one day. But now the car is parked at the Airport which is going to cost us $200 more then the ParkNRide.
So we got to the airport about 45 min before our flight left still feeling sick I threw up in the parking lot, well that’s a first for me. We got to the check in just in time then got held up at security because of the big block of diabetes chocolate Garry had in his bag for our friend here.
Anyway long story short we made it had to check all the way out thru security and customs in Shanghai get our baggage check back in and after a 1 hour delay there we are here. No news from our agency if we are indeed going to meet our son on Sunday or not. Guess I best set the alarm for a decent hour in case our guide calls as it was too late to call him.
We finally met our friend Elaine and her boss as they picked us up from the airport and they are just so nice. We had such a nice chat on the way to the hotel.
We are at the Hotel that our agency usually books at and again I am not sure what the hype was about I guess I was expecting more from all the talking up. First we booked a non-smocking room and got smocking, then we are to have a sleeper couch in the room apparently they have no clue what that this is so they are bringing a cot or something for Shawn of course we are not paying for that since we did not get the room we booked and paid for. Then I find out they pre-authorized dinner breakfast laundry and telephone for a week to our card JUST in case we may use it.. I think I best go to bed before I get too upset. Maybe we just got spoiled by the Hotel we stayed in when we got Sarah.
So all in all a great start to our journey BUT hey we are here and we are meeting our son soon!!!!
Hugs Angie
W.I.S.E Up
14 years ago










0 comments