Today is not the day...

Ok so we met our guide this morning seems like a super nice kid from Beijing. He tried to call the SWI but nobody answered the phone so unfortunately we won’t get to meet Shawn until tomorrow morning. Since we did not know for certain if this was going to happen I guess we need to be patient. All in Gods time that is.

So we did go to the local Walmart down the street and picked up a few things to munch on for our room and of course water. I even found some German Kinderschokolade yummmyyyyy. Yes children mommy will be brining some of that home…. Of course I can’t guarantee that after 20 hours of travel I will have some left ;-) why they can sell them here and not in the USA I just don’t get.

Afterwards Garry and I went back to the room and changed into sandals and shorts since it’s really warm here today. Ok there was a sight not just the fact that we where obviously in minority here we also had on shorts and sandals in a huge crowd of locals. Amazing some of the looks you get I thought it was just funny. So we tried to find sun shades but nothing, we did get luck and I actually found a curling iron after what seemed to be a 2 hour walk and a ton of department stores with the same thing over and over again. But my travel curler apparently ran out and I packed the wrong refill for it.

Later this afternoon we will be going to service with our friend Elaine and then afterwards to Dinner. I am just craving dumplings so I can’t wait!! Tomorrow morning at 8:30 am we are meeting our guide at the Hotel and then off to the Civil Affairs office.
George did mention that there is a chance that we may get to go to the Orphanage after all just that we can not go inside but visit the outside and maybe some of the nanny’s come out to meet? So we shall see.

Blessings Angie

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

sorry to to hear it hold on it will be soon!