6 hours to go

Well its 2:30 AM in the morning here and both Garry and I are wide awake. We got to bed at 9 PM can you believe it that’s like a first for us in how long, ok well at least for me. Those that know me know what I am talking about. So I figured I get up for a while I am afraid that if I take something to help me sleep that I won’t wake up in 4 hours when I need to.

This city is highly industrial, sort of a shoe capitol too and the overweight limit and my checkbook are the only things that keep me from going shoe shop crazy lol and by the looks around here it would not be much of a bargain in these stores. They heat with coal and we can definitely smell it this morning in the room. My sense of smell has seems to be more intense ever since Samuel was born. It’s hard to get used to and even the air freshener we purchased for the room is not helping but oh well what can I say it’s an experience nevertheless. We had an awesome experience with your friends here going to the international service last evening and an excellent dinner at a local restaurant; of course I got my dumplings!!

We also got a chance to chat with our kiddos at home and grandma via Skype, I love Skype it makes not having them with us bearable and I know it helps them a lot to be able to talk with us and see us!

I remember when we met Sarah 2 ½ years ago I was as excited and nervous but a different kind of nervous. For one I don’t recall waking up this early in the morning I recall wondering how she would react, if she even knew a tiny bit of what’s to happened, how it would be having a daughter after raising two boys, if my heart would open to hear as I wished it would, how was this process going to work, if she would totally ignore me, which she did not because I was the lady with the water bottle in the hand. She had a death grip on that thing and all I could think of was lord we are in trouble here lol... and oh is she ever still a head strong little spicy girl. All those anxieties an adoptive parent may have.

With Shawn its different the process is really not new anymore, we are fairly comfortable with what’s going on and where we are even on our own. He most likely has a pretty good sense of what is to happen or at least I think so. He knows we are coming for some time now. I am still nervous about whether or not he will like us or thing we are totally nuts and get out of my face or reject one of us. How will he feel that here are these people taking him away from the only thing he has ever known? But my biggest fear I think is what if he takes off on us, what if he will not listen what if he says something to a local and we won’t be able to communicate our situation? I am very cautious with my children in public I never take my eyes of them it only takes a second and often there are times when I take them by the hand even my 7 year old. So in this crazy busy city of millions is this child going to stick by us is he going to let either one of us take him by the hand to get across the street and not take off?

Oh good grief I really wish I could sleep and make the time pass by!! 6 hours to go!

Blessings Angie

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Praying for you- My daughter is nine and I still hold her hand every where!