Wow it’s been a crazy, exhausting, busy and blessed week. We spend the last oh 10 days baking away for the bake sale we just had this weekend. Hubby and I spend literally ever night in the kitchen baking. We worked down a list of about 30 different items from sweet breads, muffins, cookies, jam, bars, fudge and some cakes and pies.
Not that I am a pie kind of baker but with the input of my wonderful amazing friends, Shelby and Katy GO check out her blog at http://outofafrica-graber.blogspot.com, I was able to make some Apple Pie and Fruit Tarts. They all went really well, not one of them left. We had 4 big tables full of baked goods. My dear friend Jacci and my sister’s friend Amber also donated some yummy baked goods and as well as some of the dear ladies from our Alpha Group. It was a very “sweet” site lol……. my wonderful sister and my niece came to help us at church. Thanks Sissi!!
Unfortunately I was so out of it that I left my camera at home though I would have just loved to keep on film what we where able to dish up... oh well it is what it is lol...
We sold almost all of it and left some of the items behind for the church and some for the evening events this week. However, we did make a 25% dent into our needed funds for travel after taking out what we put in for ingredients and our tithing a HUGE BLESSINGS! We are tremendously grateful for all that supported us in prayer and support and for what God has provided so far!!
Now of course I have about 2 weeks of housework to catch up on …lol…. It’s a blessing that my DH is such a wonderful awesome guy that helps me where he can!! I am sure within the week between the two of us we will at least have some of it caught up. Then maybe I get to spend some time in my garden next weekend and we have tons of prep work to get done in the house yet before September gets here!!
So here is to a successful bake sale we thank God for showing up for us and pray that he will continue to guide us and provide all we need between now and then to bring Shawn home in only a short couple of months!!
“If God is for us, who Can be against us?” Romans 8:31b
Hugs
Angie
COME ON LOA!!!!
W.I.S.E Up
14 years ago










2 comments